This job is no longer active.
|Organization||UVA Arts Box Office|
|Application Deadline||January 15, 2022|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Salary Range||$18 per hour|
The UVA Arts Box Office has an immediate opening for an Assistant Box Office Manager. The Assistant Manager will provide customer service, cash and credit card handling, and ticketing services in our centralized box office, serving the arts department and programs at the University of Virginia, including the Department of Drama, McIntire Department of Music, Virginia Film Festival, Heritage Theatre Festival, Charlottesville Symphony, and many more!
– Work alongside the ABO Manager to support the preparation and execution of all UVA Arts client events including fulfilling single ticket and subscriptions orders; ticket printing and distribution; and supporting on-sale of events.
– Master Tessitura ticketing systems in the following areas: track participant information and attendee profiles; manage event registration; and sell season subscription and single tickets.
– Hire, train, and supervise student staff. Help to maintain and implement up-to-date ABO staff training.
– Provide excellent customer service to all ABO patrons and clients.
– Run daily audit, settlement, gift reports, sales summaries, and various ticketing reports as requested.
– Ensure public communication around ABO policies, procedures, and client events is clear, accurate, and consistent.
– Oversee the preparation and implementation for on-site and day-of performance sales including equipment planning and setup, wait list and standby line planning, training, etc.
– Work with ABO clients to manage and track complimentary ticket fulfillment to company members, VIPs, donors, press, guests, UVA students, and other stakeholders.
– Work with ABO Manager to ensure cash and credit card security requirements are met; student staff maintain proper training; and UVA policies are followed.
The ABO’s Assistant Manager position is a pivotal member of the UVA Arts and ABO staff. The position will be included in ABO staff meetings, planning meetings with ABO clients, and will be expected to represent the ABO to the University and local communities with the utmost professionalism.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of relevant experience
– Strong computer skills and comfort learning new systems and software quickly are required.
– Must have strong written and verbal communication skills including experience in writing and communicating through a wide variety of mediums.
– Organization skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills are essential.
– Must adapt quickly and work well under pressure; multitask frequently and meet tight deadlines; have a history of working well in teams; and develop and execute plans with little oversight.
– Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively within a culturally diverse environment.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Experience working in a box office; arts or cultural events; and/or a customer service fields.
– Strong knowledge in the following computer applications: MS Word, Outlook, Excel.
– A passion for the arts and UVA.
– Working knowledge of the Tessitura ticketing system.
Ready to apply? Please email cover letter and resume to Olivia Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.