This job is no longer active.
|Organization||University of Virginia Advancement|
|Application Deadline||August 31, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||No|
The Darden School Foundation has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated professional to join its Advancement team. The Advancement Coordinator will report to the Senior Director of Advancement and work in collaboration with the Advancement team to provide best-in-class donor relations and stewardship in support of the Advancement team’s goals. Responsibilities include assisting with creation of annual donor reports and other customized and ad hoc reports, participating in planning and executing donor stewardship events, contributing to documentation of gifts, assisting with planning of scholarship donor “thank you” note-writing sessions, as well as other duties in support of strategic advancement and stewardship efforts, as assigned.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide high-touch communications, stewardship, and customer service to donors at all times.
· Support the Director of Donor Relations, Assistant Director of Donor Relations and the Associate Director of Special Events in various projects related to achieving best-in-class donor relations.
· Support the creation, compilation, distribution, and tracking of annual donor reporting. Includes reviewing and compiling fund write-ups and personalized donor report files, facilitating printing and binding of reports, facilitating printing and securing signatures on cover letters, facilitating distribution of final reports via mail, and saving all final donor reports to fund and donor files for easy accessibility for the Advancement team. Assist with tracking and coding the annual donor reporting program to maintain strong records of how Darden stewards its donors and funds. This effort reaches approximately 200 of Darden’s most generous donors. In FY18 we plan to steward 192 funds, and we anticipate a significant increase in the number of funds to stewards as we move into the Campaign.
· Support the Advancement team, as needed, in executing and staffing special events. Maintain and improve upon the high standard of quality of our events by supporting their execution through tracking RSVPs, preparing name tags, and other tasks as assigned. This includes Campaign events, annual Scholarship Dinner, UVIC Mayo dinner, Principal Donors Celebration, Darden Society events, sporting events (Darden football suite, basketball and baseball games), and other events which may arise.
· Provide support for planning and executing an annual scholarship donor thank you letter writing gathering with students. Prepare, sort and compile written materials to guide students, order food, and staff the sessions.
· Support execution of the gift agreement process. Includes distribution of drafts, securing approvals, signatures, and distribution of fully executed copies with signed cover letters.
· Support creation and distribution of pooled fund donor reports via email.
· Coordination of additional stewardship efforts such as framing photos for donors and for the Advancement offices, securing and distributing gifts for faculty, students and alumni who participate in stewardship activities, VIP donors on Grounds during Graduation Weekend, Hickory Club members who attend Reunion Weekend etc.
· Responsible for tracking and coding of all stewardship efforts in Advance database and in donor and fund folders. Ensure easy accessibility for the Advancement team.
· Supporting creation and distribution of recognition letters for individuals for whom gifts are received in honor or in memory of on a regular basis.
· Research issues for special projects, as needed.
· Maintain record of expenditures and invoices for the Donor Relations team.
· Completion of other duties, as assigned, ensuring their execution with the professionalism and caliber as customary for the Darden School of Business.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in one or more of the following: fundraising, development, volunteer management, alumni affairs, or engagement.
· Experience working for a non-profit, foundation, or academic environment preferred.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills required. Ability to create targeted messaging, appealing to diverse audiences and interest groups.
· Working knowledge of donor relations. Ability to analyze and present information and maintain accurate and detailed records.
· Ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds, training, and experience.
· Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, alumni, volunteers, staff, and the public.
· Skilled in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a goal-oriented team environment. Provide direct support to leaders, as needed. Complete tasks without immediate supervision.
· Strong customer-service orientation.
· Exceptional project planning skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
· Proficiency with Advance, Raiser’s Edge, or other fundraising database preferred.
To apply, follow this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=0ea314a7-0221-4b42-8375-06070ea71c22&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=296939&source=CC3&lang=en_US