|Organization||University of Virginia Advancement|
|Application Deadline||June 29, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||No|
The University of Virginia seeks a Administrative Assistant to join the University Advancement Office’s Principal Gifts team to provide program and administrative support for the University’s principal gifts program, which seeks to secure transformational gifts for University and school/unit priorities.
The Administrative Assistant/Program Coordinator will report to the Senior Associate Vice President, Principal Gifts (SAVP). S/he will provide administrative support to the SAVP and program support to the full 7+ member team, acting as a primary resource and primary contact for the team, which will ultimately number more than 8.
This position will remain open until filled. This is a restricted position and continuation is based on performance and funding. For questions about the application process please contact Ashley Cochran, Senior Academic Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, complete the application and attach a cover
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Executive Administrative Support for Senior Associate Vice President – 45%
Calendar Management/Meeting Preparation:
- Manage the SAVP’s calendar for all activities, meetings, etc. and coordinate schedules of meeting participants; collect agenda and other supporting materials in preparation for meetings.
- Arrange meeting/event location, room setup, meeting notices/invitations, etc.
- Oversee details of meetings for which the SAVP is responsible, interacting with donors/volunteer board members, and with UVA leadership, faculty, and development colleagues.
- Monitor SAVP’s calendar for deadlines and/or responses needing immediate attention.
- Accurately and promptly compose, complete and file correspondence for SAVP.
- Prepare select acknowledgements as requested by SAVP.
- Prepare, submit, file, retrieve and follow up on contact reports for the AVP; track next steps.
- Receive and manage/triage telephone calls from high-level volunteers, donors and University officials. Exercise judgement on follow up and/or follow up as directed by SAVP.
- Monitor calendar/priority list and review regularly with SAVP.
- Make travel arrangements for the SAVP as needed.
- Coordinate reimbursements for expenses incurred by the SAVP.
- Assist with presentation materials or other document preparation at the request of the SAVP.
Principal Gifts (PG) Team Program Support – 35%
- Act as primary point of contact for members of PG team for internal and external stakeholders, volunteers, etc.
- Provide administrative support and coordination for office operations and special projects.
- Provide direct administrative support to the Principal Gifts Officers and Director of Principal Relationship Development.
- Run reports using Advance Web and develop presentations as needed.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of reports, proposals and other documents as required.
Special Projects – 20%
- Directly manage assigned projects with input from SAVP and other members.
- High school diploma with at least four years of relevant experience is required. A bachelor’s degree may substitute for years of experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with 6 years of relevant experience.
- Strong working knowledge of UVA administrative procedures is preferred.
- High degree of judgement and ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality and integrity.
- Ability to analyze and present information is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions is required.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team is required.
- , Working knowledge of various database and software programs is required, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT); knowledge of Advance Web preferred.
- Appreciation for and understanding of the University’s educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.