This job is no longer active.
|Organization||African American Teaching Fellows of Charlottesville/Albemarle, Inc. (AATF)|
|Application Deadline||November 29, 2017|
|College Degree Required?||No|
African American Teaching Fellows (AATF) is a nonproﬁt organization that recruits, supports, develops and retains African American teachers to serve the public schools of Charlottesville and Albemarle County. The administrative assistant plays an essential support role for various accounting, organization, and office management tasks. The administrative assistant reports directly to the executive director.
- Office Environment (50%)
- Perform weekly check on various office environments and assure that the office is maintained and in good condition
- Check all phone messages and share pertinent information with appropriate staff.
- Answer all telephone calls and direct to appropriate staff member.
- Keep track of all new addresses and telephone numbers for new and current board and staff members and maintain the database to reflect these and other changes.
- Collect all incoming mail and distribute to proper individuals.
- Various writing and proofreading tasks for public correspondence.
- Keep work space organized.
- Prepare office/rooms for board and committee meetings as needed.
- Administrative/Operations (50%)
- Prepare statements and reports for weekly donations
- Prepare deposits and deliver to the bank
- Prepare accounts receivable and payable
- Mail payments to vendors
- Prepare donor acknowledgement letters and envelopes.
- Assist with annual fundraising dinner
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve, and make decisions within job scope
- Schedule management skills
- An understanding and experience of a fast moving workplace environment, superior
written, and oral communication skills
- Good understanding of processes, policies and procedures required for supporting a
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task without supervision
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a positive team
Please submit a resume and three references to:
Tamara Wilkerson Dias, EdD