This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Virginia Athletics Foundation|
|Application Deadline||November 13, 2017|
|College Degree Required?||No|
The Administrative Assistant will provide a high level of support for members of the VAF development team and foster relationships with VAF members and Virginia Athletics fans.
Responsibilities include answering the phone and responding to email inquiries, assisting with the daily mail, managing VAF staff calendar and biweekly staff agendas, coordinating meals for VAF Executive Committee, making travel arrangements, preparing expense reports, daily bank deposits, gift processing and database management. In addition, the Administrative Assistant will work with vendors to order and maintain all office supplies.
The Administrative Assistant oversees programs such as the Courtesy Car Program, which includes accurate record management for each car, it’s driver and insurance; handling fines and fees; maintaining vehicle exchange records and assisting with car dealer ads for print.
The ideal candidate will have prior administrative experience, enjoy handling a sometimes demanding phone system, have a thorough knowledge of office procedures and practices, be able to multitask in a very busy environment, communicate effectively both orally and in writing with high-level donors and members of the University community, understanding protocol and confidentiality.
The candidate will also have experience with editing copy for print, emails and social media.
A working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Outlook and PowerPoint, and intermediate to advanced Excel and Word skillsets are required.
- Answer phone and distribute calls in a timely and efficient manner
- Respond clearly and concisely to inquiries regarding basic VAF information, events, giving levels and benefits, donor accounts, etc.
- Greet visitors for the Foundation and Sports Promotions
- Stay informed at all times on the details of special events, athletic contests, etc.
- Provide administrative support for the Executive Director, as requested
- Provide administrative support for Director of Administrative Operations, as requested
- Provide administrative support for assigned directors
- Assist with stewardship of donors, as needed
- Assist with copyediting for invitations, flyers, Annual Campaign materials, Cavalier Corner, etc.
- Administer the Car Dealer Program, which includes keeping records up-to-date for each car, it’s driver and insurance; distributing decals; handling fines and fees; maintaining database; handle details when cars are exchanged and assisting with game day program ads
- Plan meals and setup for VAF Board Executive Committee meetings
- Assist with opening and distributing daily mail
- Maintain weekly staff calendar and prepare agendas for Monday staff meetings
- Prepare bank deposits daily and scan checks to the bank
- Database Work (Paciolan and Advance)
- Update donor base daily with any changes received online or by returned mail
- Working knowledge of UVA’s Advance database and basic reporting
- Data entry to include daily updating of donor records
- Assist with mailings and invitations, as needed
- Process gifts paid by check or cash
- Scan materials, as requested
- Assist with special events, as needed
- Help with the responsibilities of other administrative staff in their absence
- Take staff meeting minutes on a rotational basis
- Other projects or assignments as needed throughout the year
Please forward resume and cover letter to: Connie Harrison, Director of Administrative Operations, P.O. Box 400833, Charlottesville, VA 22904 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enjoys interacting with people by phone and in person
- Provides excellent customer service
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with others
- Excellent computer knowledge and skills
- Ability to learn new computer programs quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Respect for sensitive and confidential information
- Attention to detail
- Punctual and dependable
- Demonstrates flexibility
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Enjoys being part of a team approach to work