|Organization||Camp Holiday Trails|
|Application Deadline||January 22, 2022|
|College Degree Required?||No|
Camp Holiday Trails, a year-round nonprofit camp, is seeking a new team member to expand our rental program specifically: recruiting Airbnbs, weddings, retreats and other uses of our beautiful camp facility and grounds. Position will also help manage some basic administration of our camp office including phones, email, etc. This can be a hybrid position (remote and in-person) but requires some weekly on-site work.
EXAMPLE OF YOUR WORK: host a wedding planner event at Camp to advertise our space; create a corporate retreat template for local businesses, work with area schools for field trips and event space.
We encourage candidates who understand our diverse camper population, including candidates who are African-American, Latinx, Asian American-Pacific Islander and multi-racial as well as who identify as LGBTQIA. We are willing to train many of the skills required.
The position requires a commitment to working smart & hard in a team-based setting with professionalism, integrity and compassion towards fulfilling the mission of Camp Holiday Trails. We recommend a sense of humor and grace under pressure, tie-dye optional but encouraged.
As our Administrative and Business Coordinator you get to:
- Expand our rental program and increase revenue directed back into bringing camp magic to children and teens with medical needs
- Bring in more weddings
- Bring in more Airbnbs
- Bring in more school groups, birthday parties, retreats, workshops …
- Work with the Forest School ( at least through 2022-23 academic year) who is here M-F and requires some working around (they are awesome)
TRANSPARENT DETAILS – we are serious about our work and want you to wake up each morning happy to see us and work with us, and we want to feel the same about you!
- We have a Strategic Plan that guides our work with a future goal of engaging 1,000 campers/year – what’s not to love about that?
- We live and die by Google Drive and sharing documents
This job might be for you if are:
- SALES-ORIENTED and slightly COMPETITIVE – embracing our “product”: 72+ acres and 16 year-round buildings conveniently accessed in Charlottesville, VA yet in a remote, natural setting.
- ANALYTICAL & DETAIL-ORIENTED – manage rental contracts, communication with renters, advertising, community-building and marketing.
- RELATIONAL – work with Facilities Manager and Caretaker roles to keep an updated camp calendar, communicate facility needs, and create on-call schedule.
- CONFIDENCE-INSPIRING –effectively communicate, are ethical, transparent and responsive with follow-through, can intuit next steps, people are inspired by your determination.
Physical prowess not required:
- You won’t need the endurance of a stallion, but for those occasional long days, nights or weekends – we offer PTO (paid time off) to flex and consider self-care a requirement.