|Organization||Twice is Nice Charlottesville|
|Primary Focus Area||Seniors/Aging|
|Service Areas||Albemarle, Charlottesville, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Nelson|
|Year Organization Established||1991|
|Number of Paid Staff||15|
|Current Operating Budget||650,000|
|Board Meeting Frequency||See above|
|City In Which Board Meetings Are Held||Charlottesville|
Board Position type
Twice Is Nice (TIN) Board Member/Director
Desired skills, perspectives, experiences, and characteristics of new board members
JOB TITLE: Twice Is Nice (TIN) Board Member/Director
REPORTS TO: TIN Board of Directors
PURPOSE: To provide leadership, governance and oversight of TIN, a 501(c)3, non-profit organization with a mission to raise revenue to benefit seniors in need while promoting sustainability through the resale of donated clothing, furniture and household items.
TIN MISSION: To raise revenue to benefit seniors in need while promoting sustainability through the resale of donated clothing, furniture and household items.
JOB SUMMARY: Each Director/Board Member acts with other Directors to establish a multi-year strategic plan which includes the goals, objectives, and priorities for the successful operation of TIN. Directors formulate, evaluate and coordinate policy and direction for TIN staff and volunteers.
The Board consists of no more than 12 members with the officers of President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary serving as the executive committee. Other committees exist to assure the business of TIN is completed in a timely, cost-effective and successful manner.
KEY TASKS (specific duties)
A) Develop policy to accomplish the store’s mission and uphold its values.
- Establish policy for the organization
- Develop and approve multi-year strategic plans. that establish short- and long-term goals.
- Promote the TIN marketing niche, branding, within the community.
- Approve TIN budgets, personnel policies and provide on-going fiscal due diligence.
- Preserve and grow TIN’s assets, including adequate human resources.
- Hire, supervise and evaluate the operations manager, at least annually
- Enhance TIN’s public visibility and good standing.
- Review and decide on grants to organizations that pursue TIN’s mission
- Assure TIN is well managed including successful practices of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Review and monitor TIN’s policies, accomplishments and effectiveness towards meeting its purpose within established goals and objectives.
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity as the Board is ultimately responsible for adherence to legal standards and ethical norms.
C) Participate as an active and contributing Director.
- Regularly attend all Board and assigned committee meetings.
- Identify potential new sources of revenue including donations, business opportunities, asset investments and partnerships.
- Build and sustain an engaged and competent board.
- Engaged leadership interest
- Integrity, competence, insight, and creativity.
- Effective stewardship of TIN’s interests.
- A willingness to seek understanding and knowledge of customers, donors, operations and managerial concerns.
- Dedication and commitment to fulfilling TIN’s goals.
- Maintain confidentiality of Board discussions and speak with one voice when representing TIN to staff and the general community.
- Commit adequate time to responsibly discharge Board duties
- TIN is a member of CNE (Center for Non-Profit Excellence). TIN Directors and staff can receive a reduced member rate. Additionally, when offered, Board members are encouraged to participate in special Board development trainings.
- Individual Directors report to the full Board of Directors
Annual Time Commitment (including committee meetings, special events, work outside the board, etc.)
- Directors are appointed for two-year terms, which can be renewed for an additional two-year term.
- Directors are expected to attend and actively participate in bi-monthly regular board meetings and special meetings scheduled by the Board
- Directors are expected to serve and participate on board committees and take on special task assignments that support TIN.
- The Board functions as a working Board not merely an advisory role, thus directors are expected to take an active role in the pursuit of TIN’s mission
- The Board is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion and welcome nominations from all sectors of the community.
- The Board should include as members active, in store volunteers, thereby assuring a working knowledge and understanding of daily operations
Is a minimum financial contribution required?
Does the Board have term limits?
Board Term Limit
Directors are appointed for two-year terms, which can be renewed for an additional two-year term.
PRIMARY BUSINESS LOCATIONS:
TIN 1 TIN 2
923 Preston Plaza Suite B 918 Preston Ave
Charlottesville, VA 22903 Charlottesville, VA 22903
Does The Organization have Directors & Officer's insurance?