|Organization||The Arc of the Piedmont|
|Contact Phone Number||(434) 977-4002|
|Primary Focus Area||Special Needs/Disabled|
|Service Areas||Charlottesville, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Nelson|
|Year Organization Established||1965|
|Number of Paid Staff||85|
|Current Operating Budget||$4,650,000|
|Board Meeting Frequency||Monthly|
|City In Which Board Meetings Are Held||Charlottesville and by Zoom|
Desired skills, perspectives, experiences, and characteristics of new board members
As a member of the Board of Directors agree to:
- Regularly attend and participate in Board Meetings. Board meetings generally are held on the first Wednesday of every other month at 5:30 pm
- Join and be actively involved in at least 1 subcommittee.
- Commit to a three-year term (with possible option to renew).
- Contribute financially to The Arc of the Piedmont annually. (100% of the Board contributes to our organization.)
- Be an active and vocal advocate for the organization and participate in fundraising activities.
- When possible, attend annual Board retreat and other organization events that Board Members are invited to, including the annual staff retreat.
- Identify and recommend possible new Board members for the board..
- Familiarize myself with bylaws, regularly review the financials and ensure confidentiality regarding by-laws, financials and business.
- Agree to resign if I am unable to meet these responsibilities.
- Experience or understanding of disability servcices is a plus but not necessary
Annual Time Commitment (including committee meetings, special events, work outside the board, etc.)
Board meetings are 1.5 hours per month
Committee meetings 1.0 hours per month
Special events: Up to the individual
Is a minimum financial contribution required?
Prior Board experience preferred?
Does the Board have term limits?
Does The Organization have Directors & Officer's insurance?