|Organization||Reclaimed Hope Initiative|
|Contact Phone Number||(585) 737-6549|
|Primary Focus Area||Special Needs/Disabled|
|Primary Focus Area||Foster Care, Adoption, Special Needs|
|Service Areas||Albemarle, Charlottesville|
|Year Organization Established||2019|
|Number of Paid Staff||1|
|Current Operating Budget||30,000|
|Board Meeting Frequency||Quarterly (at this time). Will increase in frequency as the organization grows.|
|City In Which Board Meetings Are Held||Charlottesville, VA|
Board Position type
Desired skills, perspectives, experiences, and characteristics of new board members
Reclaimed Hope Initiative is a local non-profit that serves foster, adoptive and special needs families. Our goal is to bring wrap-around services to every member of the family, allowing hope, healing and family support in order to limit burnout and secondary traumatic stress in caregivers, as well as limit the use of hospitals, residential facilities and group homes for youth with a traumatic past. Our long term vision is to prevent families from having to separate due to trauma, crisis or hardship.
We are actively looking for the board position of treasurer to assist with payroll, taxes, program funding and general bookkeeping.
Other responsibilities include:
- Understand and promote Reclaimed Hope Initiative’s mission
- Be familiar with Reclaimed Hope Initiative’s programs, policies, and operations
- Attend board meetings and appropriate committee meetings
- Actively serve on at least one committee and offer to take on special assignments
- Review agenda and supporting documents prior to meetings
- Participate in fund raising activities and special events
- Strictly adhere to conflict of interest policies
- Strictly adhere to confidentiality policies
Annual Time Commitment (including committee meetings, special events, work outside the board, etc.)
Time Demands (approximate):
- Attend and actively participate in at least 75% of board meetings (Quarterly meetings, approximately 3-4 hours in length)
- Attend and actively participate in committee meetings and related work (1-4 hours per month as determined by the committee)
- Attend and actively participate in the annual planning retreat (1 weekend day)
- Attend and actively participate in the annual meeting (approx. 3-4 hours)
- Attend special events such as fundraisers and ground breaking ceremonies (2 fundraisers per year recommended)
- Attend new board member orientation (approx. 2-3 hours)
- Meet with potential donors/funders to make a case for funding the organization, answer questions, etc. (approx. 4 hours annually)
Is a minimum financial contribution required?
Prior Board experience preferred?
Does the Board have term limits?
Board Term Limit
2 years with an option for renewal for another 2 years after that.
Does The Organization have Directors & Officer's insurance?