|Contact Phone Number||4343-971-1553|
|Primary Focus Area||Environment|
|Year Organization Established||1998|
|Number of Paid Staff||2|
|Current Operating Budget||180,000|
|Board Meeting Frequency||every other month|
|City In Which Board Meetings Are Held||online|
Board Position type
Desired skills, perspectives, experiences, and characteristics of new board members
We are a small and growing organization with strong grassroots support. Our board is
active and engaged in making Wild Virginia stronger and more effective every day.
If this sounds like the place for you, we hope you’ll join us!
Duties: The Board Member shall perform the usual duties of this office:
● Act as an enthusiastic champion for Wild Virginia in the community by
volunteering at outreach events.
● Actively assist with fundraising efforts and supports annual fundraising with his or
her own financial contributions.
● Attend all board meetings (every other month).
● Participate in annual strategic planning sessions to set goals for the organization
and assess the organization’s performance in achieving its mission .
● Participate in committee work.
● Assist with monitoring financial reports to ensure the organization has adequate
resources to achieve its mission.
● Assist with the evaluation of the performance of the Executive Director.
● Help the organization strive for inclusivity and diversity.
You will be asked to serve a term of two years. If interested in applying or if you have
questions please contact Wild Virginia for more information at (434) 971-1553 or
firstname.lastname@example.org . www.wildvirginia.org
Annual Time Commitment (including committee meetings, special events, work outside the board, etc.)
Board meetings every other month (2 hrs each) and committee work in between (10 hrs month)
Is a minimum financial contribution required?
Board Financial Commitment
We ask to be one of the top three organizations to which you donate
Prior Board experience preferred?
Does the Board have term limits?
Board Term Limit
Two years (renewable)
Wild Virginia works to improve the overall connectivity of Virginia’s wild lands and
waters. Our current campaigns include:
➔ Protecting Virginia’s water quality. This includes working closely with our partners
to fight the Mountain Valley fracked gas pipelines.
➔ Building coalitions to improve habitat connectivity throughout the state.
➔ Providing meaningful outdoor experiences. We believe the places you know are
the places you care about.
➔ Helping citizens make their voices heard in decisions about our public lands.
Does The Organization have Directors & Officer's insurance?