|Contact Phone Number||(434) 981-2512|
|Primary Focus Area||Other|
|Primary Focus Area||Financial Catastrophe|
|Year Organization Established||2015|
|Number of Paid Staff||0|
|Current Operating Budget||$40,000|
|Board Meeting Frequency||Quarterly|
|City In Which Board Meetings Are Held||Charlottesville|
Board Position type
Desired skills, perspectives, experiences, and characteristics of new board members
Commonwealth Cares is looking to add to its Board of Directors! The Board will support the work of Commonwealth Cares and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by Commonwealth Senior Living volunteers, the involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to Commonwealth Senior Living
- Approving Commonwealth Cares annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Assisting the board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Representing Commonwealth Cares to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Support Commonwealth Cares fundraising activities
- Presence at annual Golf Event in September (Williamsburg, VA)
Commonwealth Cares Board Members will serve a three-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings will be held quarterly.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Commonwealth Cares mission. Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A commitment to and understanding of Commonwealth Cares beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Commonwealth Cares beneficiaries
Annual Time Commitment (including committee meetings, special events, work outside the board, etc.)
1 meeting per quarter; annual Golf Event in September.
Is a minimum financial contribution required?
Prior Board experience preferred?
Does the Board have term limits?
Board Term Limit
Does The Organization have Directors & Officer's insurance?