Collaborative Meetings for Tri-Cities Nonprofits
Join us to connect with area nonprofits, learn more about available community resources, what’s happening in the sector and locally, and talk about what’s top of mind.
To accommodate more individuals, meetings will alternate between in-person and virtual from 11am-12pm on the last Tuesday of the months below. Sign up here to receive calendar invites and notifications, and we look forward to seeing you!
- August 29th –Blue Ridge Bank, 1965 Wakefield Street, Petersburg
- September 26th – virtual
- October 31st – in person Sussex location TBD
- November 28th – virtual
- Do you have questions about board governance, organizational structure, fundraising, legal compliance, or general nonprofit management? Ask CNE! We are here to provide resources and/or thought partnership when you need it. Think of us as a nonprofit help desk.
- We also provide follow-up technical assistance from Cameron’s Duke Nonprofit Management courses. Click here to learn more about upcoming courses.
Board Education Sessions
- 30 minutes of content and discussion during a regularly scheduled board meeting on a core governance topic such as the board’s roles and responsibilities, shared leadership, the board’s role in philanthropy, or financial leadership.
- Leadership Circles are facilitated small groups of nonprofit professionals who meet on a monthly basis. These circles provide a confidential setting in which peers can discuss and solve real-time problems with real-world experience. Contact us to learn more about our circles for Executive Directors and Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) leaders.
Foundation Directory Online
- Tutorials on how to use the Foundation Directory Online, a comprehensive online database to search for foundation and corporate giving, available at the Petersburg Public Library.
We use the 7 Actionable Principles for a Strong Social Sector as a framework for our trainings and services. Please visit the 7AP website to learn more.