Do you need to get your budget in order? Use your budget to plan for different future scenarios? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
David Deaton of Deaton Group LLC will lead you through budgeting workshops with a practical, hands-on approach and an eye toward planning for an uncertain future. You’ll also get a chance to see how other local organizations approach budgeting and learn from their successes and challenges.
Part 1: Budget Building. You’ll learn more about budget analysis and get feedback on your budget and budgeting process through a peer and instructor consultation. We’ll focus on building a budget for your upcoming fiscal year. Register for Part 1.
Part 2: Scenario Planning. You’ll learn to use your “best-case” budget to build “worst-case” and “most-likely-case” budgets. Register for Part 2.
Through these workshops, we’ll show you how to:
- Use your budget strategically;
- Analyze your budget; and
- Build a budget that will help you plan for the future.
What to know to make the most of these workshops:
- This course is designed for Executive Directors, staff members, and board members who are responsible for an organization’s budgeting yet are not professional trained in finance.
- These workshops will be held virtually but are hands-on. We expect participants to be actively engaged in financial planning for their organization during the session. Because of the hands-on nature of the workshops, space is limited. Register today!
- Bring any existing budget or other financial planning documents. Whether a polished document or a rough plan, we’ll help you to bring it to the next level.
Offered in partnership between CNE and the Cameron Foundation, it is free to participate thanks to the Cameron Foundation’s support.