The Finance Academy, brought to you in partnership with CFA Institute, is a portfolio of programs that strengthen the financial acumen and management of nonprofits in the region, and will accommodate nonprofits at any point of their organizational development to achieve both mission impact and financial sustainability. Financial Health Review, a new Finance Academy program, will help get your organization started on the way to financial health.
Through the Financial Health Review program, organizations will use Financial SCAN to conduct a financial health self-assessment developed by GuideStar and the Nonprofit Finance Fund. CNE will carefully review and analyze the results of the assessment and the organization’s financial practices, identify strengths and opportunities, and a lay out a customized action plan for improvement.
Benefits of this exciting new program include:
- An opportunity to reflect on your organization’s current financial practices
- A clear picture of your financial condition and future resource needs
- Support in determining areas that are strongest and those that need improvement
- Insight into financial information and how to use that information to support mission-driven decisions
- Better conversations about your organization’s financial story with board members, staff, donors, and other supporters
- Development of a baseline framework to measure improvement over time
- Tools and resources to strengthen your organization’s financial health
Financial Health Review is designed for executive directors, board treasurers, and finance committee members. The cost for member organizations is $450 – a reduced fee of nearly $3,000 thanks to CFA’s generosity. The non-member rate is $540.
Are you ready to get started? Contact CNE Director of Strategic Initiatives, Cindy Colson, to learn more.