In May 2007, CNE accepted its 100th member. Today, CNE has nearly 250 nonprofit members working in over 16 focus areas. Their reach extends from Charlottesville, 10 neighboring counties, and across the region. They range from just formed to well-established, large and small, at operational budgets ranging from under $100,000 to over $10 million. Our Member Directory reflects the diversity of organizations forming our community of practice, and we always welcome new members. The stronger and more diverse our membership base is, the more successful we are at achieving our mission to strengthen nonprofits to realize the potential of our community.
CNE’s foundation is our members – we celebrate, support, and are made better by each unique member, and we work hard to provide a wide range of programs and services to meet nonprofits at all stages of your development. Organization membership extends to board, staff, and volunteers – we invite everyone to try out a class or two. Through technical assistance, consulting, and facilitation, we mentor individuals in their professional development, and nonprofits along their lifecycle, providing support in major training tracks such as governance, management, philanthropy, finance, and more.
Are you making the most of CNE member benefits and resources?
Here are a few things you can do:
- Schedule a member visit with our Membership Manager, Kadi Davis.
- Encourage others in your organization to subscribe to our weekly eNewsletter (the one you’re reading right now!).
- Share updates with us on what’s happening in your organization so we can “like” and share the news.
- Send us feedback so we can respond to your needs (you can reply to this newsletter).
- Update your profile in our Member Directory so visitors know who you are and what you do.
- Get to know your fellow members.
- …and we hope you’ll get to know all of us here at CNE too!